If you and your spouse have lived separate and apart for at least one (1) year and neither of you have anything to divide and don’t want anything from the other, an uncontested divorce is still always an option. It is just easier and faster if you do have an Agreement. So, if you don’t have a signed Settlement Agreement, you will have to wait that full year to file your paperwork.  

On the other hand, if you have an Agreement and don’t have minor children, you only have to wait six (6) months after you separate to file for divorce. We will file your divorce in the county of your residence, and serve your spouse with the divorce paperwork at his residence or place of work. Your spouse must always receive notice of the divorce. If he or she chooses not to respond or appear, the case continues without them.