The cost of an uncontested divorce is typically split between the parties, however it is an issue that can be negotiated in the final settlement agreement. It is more common for the party with the higher income to pay for an uncontested divorce.
- Is it possible to change the grounds for divorce if we later decide to file for an Uncontested Divorce?
- Who Pays for the Divorce?
- What Is the Final Order or Final Decree of Divorce?
- Are there things I should do to Prepare for an Uncontested Divorce in Virginia?
- How Are Divorce Papers Served?
- Can I Petition for a Name Change in an Uncontested Divorce?
- What happens if my Spouse Refuses to Sign the Paperwork after the Divorce has been Filed?
- What Does the New Tax Law Mean for Divorcing Couples in Virginia?
- Who Pays for an Uncontested Divorce in Virginia?
- Uncontested Divorce – Do I Need to Go to Court?